Rock-N-Roll Babylon

They told me I’m grown up, what am I gonna do?
I have responsibilities now, I must be a fool.
Life used to be carefree, just a while ago.
I should have listened to them, and just said no.

Life is filled with many unexpected twists.
You can fall in love and fall out just as quick.
I should have listened to my mom and dad.
A lot of things out there can be real bad.

I met him by accident, a couple years ago.
He came into the truckstop, and he moved real slow.
He was hunting me down, with his beautiful eyes.
His lips spoke sensuous, with forked tongue and lies.

He told me he loved me, and I was the only one
He told me we’d be happy, and laugh in the sun.
I was too naive to notice, I was too happy to care,
Soon I was left there standing, broken hearted, no prayers.

You ask me what went wrong?  You ask me what happens now?
Will I get on with my life?  Can I be happy now?
I tell you I still love him, he’s my number one.
But I can never go back to Rock-N-Roll Babylon.

Many days will come, many days will go
The band will always sellout another show
The problem with trying, to laugh in the sun
Are the knives that fly from the jealous ones.

May you always be happy, may you always take care
Someday you’ll find another love to share
Until that time comes, just follow your dreams
Show the jealous ones you can make fans scream


12/6/90
ex-IA groupie

Comments