For Clarice

For Clarice

I turned my back, upon her mews
It was then that, someone did choose
To cut the lock, to try and steal
Red feathered tail, a heartbeat real
Clarice who soars, my heart beside
It was unreal, thought I would die
I went and called, no answer heard
My angry wrath, they did deserve
Feathers were found, beside the drive
I clung to hope, she was alive
I searched again, cross field and stream
No care had I, ‘twas like a dream
Almost I drowned, I did not care
I had to know, how did she fare
I heard the crows, those vicious gangs
Screaming vengeance, their voices rang
Followed their noise, ‘till I could see
Lovely Clarice, perched in a tree
She was in shock, I did defend
And sent the crows, a bitter end
Twas exhausted, did I then fall
When I realized, she heard no call
And while I thought, what next to do
Prayers were answered, Clarice still flew
Once reunited, home we did go
Ordeal over, let joy overflow

AAS 7/20/06

Comments