Elizabethan Netted Bead Necklace

Background:
I started this netted bead necklace at a class run by Gwenhwyfar in BBM. It is based on the Necklace worn by Elizabeth Brydges. We obviously used mundane materials (toggle clasp, crimp beads, seed and E beads among them), but it looks very nice. I think I will try one with black pearls to more closely match the picture.

The second necklace is made with black and white glass "pearls." The bottom is done differently as I did not have the picture of the original in front of me. I think I will do one more with just black pearls all of the same size.

Portrait of Elizabeth Brydges, with detail By Hieronimo Custodis, circa 1859 Collection of the Duke of Bedford, Woburn Abbey

Closeup of the necklace

Necklace I completed in the class

The second necklace

Made from "pearls"

Modeled by my daughter
Not sure the reflection from the beads is quite right

Comments