Neck Coolers

Background:
Not period, but great for digging those sump pits. These neck coolers are so easy, I'm shocked I never made them before! I took a piece of fabric 36" long 3" wide and sewed it into a tube. If you want to be fancy with the ends and sew them before turning the tube, feel free. After turning, I sewed down the center of the tube along the "seam" creating two "channels". I then figured out how far around I wanted the wet crystals to go and sewed across the two channels (about 12" from one end), added water absorbent crystals from the gardening section of Home Depot (I had read you only needed 2 teaspoons, but I think it depends on the type of crystals, how much they expand, etc. - just leave room for expansion!) I then sewed the other end of the channel shut and then both ends that will be used to "tie" it around my neck.


These left immediately with the husband on vacation, so I have no idea how well they did or did not work.

Comments