Felted Remote Control Holder


As I hadn’t had the felting results I’d wanted with the purse made from the same felting wool that they expect, I modified the pattern and only used 4 balls of wool and stopped at 38”long instead of 44” long. They expect 85% of the width and 75% of the length from the original to the felted piece. So unfelted I had 21”W by 38”L and felted 19.5”W by 28”L or 93% of the width and 74% of the length. They want it cut to 15”W by 32”L (26”L after sewing the pocket) – but since I stopped shorter, I expected mine to end shorter and will compensate by putting a pocket on both sides with the inside pocket filled with “ballast” and then sewn shut. Also, I like the fatter width so I can have larger pockets

Pattern: Felted Remote Control Holder by Bernat
Yarn: 4 skeins of Bernat Felting Natural Wool in Crocus
US 13 Size Knitting Needles

After felting and before sewing


The finished piece!


Comments