Stitches East - Tunisian Crochet

What a great event!  I was a little disappointed with the market place (and people kept telling me it was much smaller this year) but the classes were inspiring!!!  I had a wonderful time and met a lot of fun people!

Thursday 11/7/13 I took "Tempting Tunisian: An Introduction to Tunisian Crochet" with Ginger Luters.  Tunisian Crochet is also called afghan crochet, Railroad, fool's, idiot; and shepherd's crochet.  Speculation is that the French gave it a "foreign" name to make it sound more exotic and up its popularity.  I have a lot of ideas in my head.  I really want to find Kim Guzman's Tunisian Drop Stitch (Lace) Scarf pattern.


The full sample we made

Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS) with some alternating colors

Tunisian Full Stitch (TFS) in center

Tunisian Purl Stitch (TPS) in center

Tunisian Knit Stitch (TKS) in center

Better view of Tunisian Knit Stitch (TKS) in center

Top to bottom: TKS, TPS, TFS, TSS

Comments