Braided Crochet Scarf

I saw this over on 's Blog here: http://rookiecrafter.blogspot.com/2013/01/braided-crocheted-scarf.html

Her pattern is: "Cast on some chain stitches (depends on your desired length) I have a loose stitch so I believe I cast around 60-100 ( I never count)Double crochet back onto the chain
Repeat for a total of five rows of double crochets(not including chain) x3
Take your three "mini scarves" and braid them together (I braided them rather loosely!)Then sew your ends to make it an infinity and you're all set! I want to try three different colors next!"

She used "I Love This Yarn Solid Yarn" in Sungold sku#378133 color code 156 which is a 4-medium weight 100% acrylic and a 5.5mm hook.

I dug through and got more info: "Keep in mind the scarf will shrink based on how tightly you braid the strands together! If you want a loose braid, like mine, it will only "shrink" about 6 inches or so. so lay the miniscarf around your neck and subtract 6 inches and see what you think!"
"I just connect the ends together with loops. It's sort of hard to explain because it is so simple. I hope to make a video of how I do it in the future. In the mean time I'm sure there are similar videos on youtube of great ways to do it :)"

I used Lion Brand Amazing Glacier Bay yarn and a US I9 (5.50mm) crochet hook
I cast on 153 stitches and did my first double crochet in the 4th chain from the hook for a total of 150 Double crochets
Because the yarn is so thin, I did 6 rows of double crochet (starting chain did not count).  

I ran out of yarn and had enough of Red Heart Boutique Treasure Watercolors to finish that one first.  Same # of stitches, etc.





I finished it by sewing each band to itself making sure my pieces laid flat.
I may put a loop through all 3 layers to keep them in the same spot.



Comments