Stitches East - Entrelac Basics

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, I missed Thursday at Stitches.  I was signed up for a weaving class and was so excited to go, but instead my divorce was finalized, so that's a win-win I guess.

So I attended on Friday 10/10 and had some fun (just no $ to spend *sigh*)

Wish I had money for the Market Place - but at least I get to take classes!


My first class was Entrelac Basics with Gwen Bodner
Look at the fabulous skirt she made!  



  So the photo on the left shows the homework.  I had only attempted entrelac on straight needles before.  I was a bit nervous.  Then we did the first "tier" - photo on right.


 As we got through the second and third tiers, the pattern started to make a little more sense.  I must also say, entrelac patterns do NOT give you all the information you need to actually DO entrelac.


Fourth tier and the fifth tier / "finished" cup holder.  I need to sew in the ends and felt it, but you get the idea.


Comments