African Violet Purse

This hat pattern turned into a pouch based on the African Violet Slouch by Robin Chachula.

The motifs

The motifs completed
My hexagons came out 5” instead of 4” making the hat too big. I tried doing a 5 hexagon thing, but it looks funky. I may rip it out and get rid of the light blue (old sheepish wool I had lying around) and try something else.

I messed around with the violet hat
You can see where this is going to be a bit *ahem* large

Decided to just put them together as the pattern called for. Then I tried their ribbing method and got frustrated. I ripped it out and just did a decreasing SC all the way around for a few rows to get it to fit my head. It looked ridiculous (see pics).

So I made it into a purse. I bought 2 wooden handles, SC around the top and attached them. Added a little flap and a magnetic clasp and viola! A purse!

Comments