Prom Dress and Accessories

The girl looked beautiful for her Junior Prom.    Her hair was in a beautiful updo.  I didn't take many pics because I paid for her to get them done at the prom since it was snowing out and we couldn't get any great shots inside.  But she forgot - so no pics.  Prom day was crazy with the snow and horrible driving conditions, but the kids had a great time and everyone got home safe.

Anyway.  We remade some jewelry for her to wear.

Simple beading on stretch cord.  The ones in the store were either the wrong color or too small.  Hacking jewelry has always been fun for me - so this was easy. 


We bought a simple plain black dress with a flattering neckline.

THe I did a mock-up for the dress front.  We have 3 colors of crystals (to match the jacket).  Gonna go for a simple "V" in the front panel Larger darker towards the top/outside down to smaller/white at the bottom.  The neckline is kind of a Queen Anne but has a 1" straight bit like I've drawn.  I figure the "v" could be somewhat slimming.

Anyway, I need a LOT more crystals!

I hemmed the dress and put all those crystals on the front.  I may NEVER EVER do that again!!!!  First trying to figure out the best layout and then gluing them all and trying not to make a mess with the glue and what a nightmare and it took HOURS!!!!  It took less time to hem the dress BY HAND than it did to put those crystals on!

But she loved it and looked great!  We went with this gold shawl instead of the jacket she originally picked out.  Neither of us liked it after it was made (especially with the dress).  Someone wins as Good Will now has it.







Comments