Dream Spiral Blanket

I made this Dream Time Baby Blanket for the Yarnspirations World's Biggest Stocking.  It had to be 3' by 3' and use Caron United Yarn (I used White and Dark Green).  It took about a week.

I had to change the edging to SC all the way around to meet the specifications in order to donate it. So I used Eddie Eckman’s Crochet Border # 149.
I worked row 7 of the Granny Square Around the Spiral Square of the Dream Time Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern as my Row 1 of #149 (they are basically the same) and then followed Eddie’s pattern from there.
You will definitely need a third skein of white if you do a different border. I was VERY close to having to start a third one myself.

The spiral

Squaring it off

Instead of doing the last 2 rows of the Dream Time Baby Blanket, I chose to do Eddie Eckman's Crochet Border # 149.  

The finished blanket

Closeup of Eddie's Border


Comments