Double Layered Braided Cowl

The pattern is here: Double Layered Braided Cowl
A video is here: Double Layered Braided Cowl
My notes: 
  • Chain down using main color 
  • HDC up in third loop using second color 
  • HDC down and up in third loop using main color 
  • HDC down in third loop using second color 
  • SlS up in third loop using main color and then chain down without breaking for next braid piece or for top piece.

Make sure to catch edges of each braid, especially the outside pieces, in the top piece to make it lay better. I did the first row as (SC SC2TOG SC) in each band for 12 sts
So many ends to weave - do it as you go along.
Always double check that you are going into the correct third loop so all the fronts are on one side.
I made the tabs longer to accommodate the size of my neck by 4 rows each side (I hate tight things on my neck). So my tabs were 4” and 5”.
Also the left side tab Row 7: Ch 1, skip next 2 st, 6 dc in next st, sl st to last st. Fasten off. I changed to SC1, skip next 2 st, 6DC in next st, skip next 2 st, SC (so it centered the 6DC in the 4th st).
 
 





Comments