Prom Dress Makeover

So, we're large women.  It is never easy to find things that fit correctly.  So we special ordered this beautiful dress for My Girl's Senior Prom.  Yeah, that didn't work.  It was too tight across the back, too loose in the front, the boob cups were in the completely wrong place and it was TWO FEET TOO LONG!!!!!  Why did we have her measured twice, special order a dress and get it late to have such a disaster???  Argh!  Anyway, here is a pic of the "extra" material, boning and cup pieces I removed...


It would've taken way less time to just make it myself and the overlay ruffle at the top would've been a bit more flattering, but at the end of the day, she looked fabulous and was happy.  At least there were no crystals involved like last year *shudder*



Yes, I have to take all my own pics too :)
Senior Prom 2016


Comments