Stitches United - Weaving

All day Friday I FINALLY got to take Deborah Jarchow's class - Learn Rigid-Heddle Weaving and Use up Your Stash.  I waned to take this years ago but then Stitches stopped happening.  *pout*  What a cool day! 

Deborah setting up the class.   Everyone chose for 4 types of looms.  

The yarn I bought thinking I had met the 2-ply requirement.  What was missing with the strength requirement for beginners.  I can probably use this later, but not the first time I warp.

The Cricket I used.

Some tools I brought

I forget which folding one this was next to me

Deborah teaching

On the plus side I did get to use her ball winder and wind my skeins.

What I wound up using for my scarf

Deborah demonstrating what we would be doing

Mine and my table mate's warp.  I really don't think this is going to be a very long scarf.


A view from the front

Now I cut all the ends?  Serious?

Then we tie them on and wrap them in.  Someone else's warp.

Another warp

Pink warp

Getting ready to tie my other ends

Another warp

I like this warp

Autumnal warp

Funky yarn warp

Some finished scarves by Deborah

Some finished scarves by Deborah

Some finished scarves by Deborah

Some finished scarves by Deborah

This could be gorgeous

So many warps

So many ideas.  The ones you don't like - wait until you see the weft

More class warps

More class warps

More class warps

More class warps

Srating to waeve.  I am using a multicolor yarn - should make it interesting


Didn't start off very well, but getting the hang of it

Deborah showing us some tips

Someone was a fast weaver



Look how the choice of warp makes these beautiful stripes


What happens when you take it off is cut it?

Does this woman know my fear of cutting things?





Another student's scarf



My scarf off the loom.  You can see where I was too tight at the beginning, so I did that at the end too to make it a "thing"

Here it is drying after I washed it


Still drying.  I tied my ends, trimmed them and left them long.  Many students cut them short.


A closeup of the weave


Comments