Crocodile Stitch Convertible Mittens

The Crocodile Stitch Convertible Mittenspattern is from Bonita Patterns.  I used a G hook and Red Heart Super Saver Stripes in Parrot Strip.  It took a full skein for each mitten.  The mittens are super warm.  I skipped the button because I always thought they were useless on these types of mittens.  They should get softer with use.  I might get some wool and make another pair without the crocodile stitch on the bottom.

Trying to figure out where I want the thumb hole.  I wound up taking out 2 rows to make it fit comfortably.

Inside out with the thumb hole.  

The body of the mitten is crocheted inside out.

The thumb is also added while the mitten is inside out.

THis is what is left from the first skein of yarn.  Yikes!

The finished product sans buttons to hold the "covers" open.

A picture of where the cover is joined.

A picture of the mitten closed

A picture of the mitten open.  You can see the ribbing here from crocheting it inside out.

Why most people use a loop and button closure - so it doesn't stand up or flop around.  That stops with wear and I generally don't have them open that long.


Comments