Double Take Pillow

I used this Double Take Pillow pattern using an I hook and more of the Caron One Pound Black and Deep violet to match the Lumberjack Flannelghan color scheme.  My final pillow size is 14" by 14"



The front all sewn together and the back attached.

The back with the front attached.

The four small squares I need to sew together.  
The back was supposed to be done in a single color the same way.
I hate sewing things together.

I chose to do the back in one huge sqaure.  It is C2c so 18 by 18 is the final count.

The I hook square on top, the H hook square below.  Not a lot of difference for a small project, but a huge one if it were a larger project.

So unstretched we're pretty much at 7" with the I hook.

Now we look too big with the I hook

The full square with the H hook.  Not quite 7".  It would stretch to it, but you would be losing 1" and that's a lot of stretch and open space.

So this is with the H hook.  I looks like it will be close to the 7" required, right?  
I hate when the gauge is based on completing part of the project.

Comments