Calvarium Skullcap

The Calvarium Skullcap pattern is by Drew Emborsky.  I used an I hook and Red Heart Super Saver Strips yarn in Polo,


This was supposed to be an easy peasy work on it at lunch pattern.  I got something messed up at work and frogged it and started over. Instead of following the directions where I would’ve had a HDC in the FL turn and sc in the BL, I did hdc in the BLO turn and sc in the BLO. Ooops. Still looks good.
Front

Back


Starting to sew the flat piece into a loop


How the sewing looks


The directions say: “Weave a long length of yarn in and out of end stitches of one side of the tube, cinch tightly, and secure with a knot.” This made no sense to me so I weaved it all around the circle and pulled it closed, but I have too much up there and it leaves a hole, so I will sew it closed.

The finished hat inside out

The top sewn shut

The finished hat right side out

Modeling

Comments