Feeling Blue Shawl

This started as a kerchief type cowl thing using the Topanga pattern by Katie Degroft.  I used an I hook and 3 rolls of Bernat Pop! in Blue Chambray.


The finished shawl measure 73” across the top, 56.5” down each side and 40” straight down the center - all measurements are approximate.
I really love this Bernat Pop! There was enough left over to make tassels, but I think I will pass. I really do want to make a shawl with tassels at some point.
I started with the Topanga Cowl and kept going until I hit the size I liked. About 52 rows. I originally had the trebles as the last row, but didn’t like it. I messed around with a number of bottom edgings and disliked them all. I ripped back to the SC row and did a SC row all around the shawl to finish if off (so the bottom has 2 SC rows.
Trying to figure out what to do on top of that DC row

Another "ending"

Settled on SC all the way around

The Finished shawl

Another shot of the finished shawl

Comments