Tablet Weaving: Two-Sided Delights - Stitches United Class

I took this all day class with Joe Mullarkey at Stitches United 2018.

For this class we needed four balls of 10/2 mercerized or unmercerized cotton or #10 crochet thread.  We needed each ball to be at least 1 ounce and we needed 2 balls each of 2 highly contrasting colors.  

How I split my balls of Aunt Lydia's #10 crochet thread.  2 nails 1 yard apart and wrap.

Setting up in class and waiting.  FYI - putting it on those cards may seem like a good idea, but they travel as far away as balls of yarn do when you are warping.  The loom, card and shuttle Joe sells in his Etsy shop.

Joe showing us some tips and tricks

I have warped my loom - whoot whoot!

This is a continuous warp - that;s why we needed 4 balls.  Fairly simple if you have someone to manage your threads.

Joe again.

I am starting to weave - eep!

The first 3-4" is always waste according to Joe.  It's where you figure out your tension.  I am starting into a Greek Key here - 20 cards.

More Greek Key

And even more.

So I flipped every other card and came out with this beautiful diamond.

So you can see the transition between all the cards going one way and with every other card flipped

2 types of diamonds

Staring at it as the class is getting ready to leave
.  We had to remove our warps to take them home...

Off the loom and hoping to get it home in one piece!

Home and on my inkle loom

Talk about jury rigging it to work...

So I switched back so I could try some letters.  
I really cannot do anything but weave - distractions = mistakes for me.

So here's the lettering part


Another transition

And a generic view.  In my enthusiasm thinking I was done, I cut it off the warp too soon and did not do the double repeat of Greek Keys on the second side.  Still, it is done.  My first card weaving piece.



Comments