Purple Stripe Shawl

I did this shawl as part of Marly Bird's Tournament of Stitches 2018.  I used 3 Premier Yarns Sweet Rolls in Blackberry Swirl and a a J hook.  I did all the clues for "Be Quiet I'm knitting" except the edging.  I hated the picots in the very last row (Clue 4, Row 2), so I did a simple sc ch1 in each SP and sc across the bottom.

So Clue 4, Row 2 becomes: ch1, sc in first sc, *ch1, sc in next ch1 sp four times, ch1, sc in sc, rep from * to tch, sc in 3rd ch of tch.

I then did a ch1 and repeated the sc, ch1 across the wingspan of the shawl to finish it.

This has a 64" wingsand and is 36" deep.


It is growing

Still growing


Almost done

Almost done

The picot edging I hated

Messing around with different edgings

Another edging

The final product

The final product

Comments