Limp Binding

Every year I have attended Pennsic, I make a book to keep a calendar, some notes, etc in for Pennsic.  Since it was my first time back in 10 years, I could no longer find my old binding with all my stuff in it where I would only have to change out a folio or two, so I made a new one.

Not being to find leather or carboulli the spine and buttons did not slow me down. 

So I went to JoAnns and they had these pieces of leather you could buy.  So I got a black and a green.
I made my folios using MSWord.  I use landscape and two columns and then mess around until my pages are in the right order.

Then I sewed the folios to the black and a spine.  Sewed the green to the black to create a flap, then added the closing braids


My spine / buttons are messy because they are too soft.  

Inside the book is my calendar

Some note pages with lines and some blanks


My song book

A map of Pennsic (because it definitely changed in the last 10 years)

And I keep track of my money in here to.  Both cash and credit.  Good thing too as a number of people got their card numbers swiped and I had an incident right after Pennsic and knew what I had spent where.

Comments