Viking Caps

Got invited to a viking wedding at Pennsic.  So happy for the couple, they are wonderful together!  So I made the outfit (pictured below) and then I needed a hat.  I mean I have a coronet, but I wanted to try and be a bit more "presentable" as the couple is super period.

Don't judge, I could only seem to find patterns through Google Searches and the two that looked easiest were a Jorvik style and a more rounded labeled Birka (but I have my doubts now after Pennsic).

So I followed the patterns and cut my pieces and sewed them up.  All good, right?


I don't think it's supposed to be a sun bonnet.  Both styles had a little "extra" in the front.  Whoops!

So I cut and folded both in the front and finished the caps.  I didn't really like the Jorvik, and didn't take another pic.  I've got my hair in a pony tail - so that's the weird bump in the back.

Here I am at Pennsic with it on.  My coronet sits funny on it.

All dressed and ready for the wedding!

Comments