Spiral Silver Possaments

I took an awesome class at Pennsic on Possaments.
The easiest way to learn is by doing it large first

Some of the knots we learned

The instructor (and her handout) were extremely clear and easy to follow.

The hardest part is keeping the ropes on the "correct" side.

This was harder to do than you would think trying to keep the spacing the same.


An end knot

Leading into a braid

Anchoring at work.  Big size difference...

My end knot.  I managed to tame the srands.

Doing a single to a double

Gotta go back and try to tighten that knot.

Getting there.  Birka P 13

It's that tiny silver thing on the left with some extra strands to show the size I was working with.  At some point I'll get a pic of the finished piece and post it here.  This is from St. Eligius 11/20/2018.


Comments