Bubbly Magic Blackwork

 This pattern was created by Highland Murr Stitches and shared in the HighlandMurrBlackwork group as a 7 week SAL.  I chose to do the hat instead of the frog card, but I didn't get the pattern right.

This is my first attempt at blackwork.  I had this wrong belief that all blackwork was reversible and every prior attempt to understand the flow of the stitches led to frustration.  So, not all blackwork is reversible.  Mind blown, right?  Not all modern blackwork is done in black or red either.  This took me longer than 7 weeks because it was frustrating on levels I cannot explain.  Half and quarter stitches are the most ridiculous thing ever.  My other mistake was using such a dark color background.  I really though the metallic threads I purchased would look better on them.. Perhaps if I had used more than one strand.  Its not perfect but now I can say I have done blackwork.


The finished piece.  Now to try and back it and frame it.

I thought I had done this in the hoop, but found that the entire row is broken.  Probably done opening the box in the store.  Good thing I started far enough away not to affect the the finished design.


Comments