Appliqué Pillow

 

My daughter bought some makeup from Jeffree Star and it came with this size small tee shirt.  It was cute, had a little bit of tie dye effect on the sleeves and sides and the Jeffree Star logo on the front.  I cut off the sleeves and used them to make two big hearts and a piece to cover in the neck hole.  I sewed up the sleeve and neck holes and then sewed the hearts to the front with a blanket stitch and then covered the edges with a chain stitch on one and a split stitch on the other.  Then I stuffed the pillow in and sewed the bottom up with a bind hem stitch.  I will never work on rolling, stretchy jersey again for applique if I can help it.  I did not take a pic of the shirt before I cut it up.

Inside of shirt

Ready to be stuffed - back

All ready to be stuffed - front

The back of the T-Shirt with the logo

The front of the T-Shirt with a small logo and the two hearts I put on.


Comments