Enamel Earring Class

 I took an enamel earring class with Dawn Lombard at the Brookfield Craft Center.  It was a great class where we punched our own shapes, and learned to enamel using a portable propane torch.  Dawn taught a couple of different techniques.  I'm not going to share too much because she makes her living doing this :)

Dawn showing people how to punch the metal.  We also had access to a press.

Discussing the enamel, torch safety and techniques, etc,  

Me getting ready to torch the counter-enamel for the first time.

Getting ready to torch the front.

They get ugly when hot.

Once they've cooled.

Got a little too hot underneath and stripped some of the counter-enamel away.

More torch time

Some classmates

Another style of earring

I can see where I had some torch issues.  But still cute!

Another cool technique we learned.

2 different techniques that will be used as one set of earrings.

The final pieces stacked

Now I was just getting silly and banging out earrings

Throw on enamel and try to drag through it - not as easy as it sounds.

What they looked like cooled off

All my finished earrings

Another shot - front and backs



Comments