Appliqué Owl

 Alison Wodehalle taught this class for the Athena's Thimble Schola in Feb 2021.  I bought a kit and then was sick that day and did not participate.  I never did find the class video posted afterwards so I decided to attempt this on my own.  Please ignore the cat hair - they love this fabric! 

Materials Provided: I am unsure of the materials in the kit.  It appears to be a wool-like background with felt pieces, sewing thread, leather cording, and plastic beads.  The pieces were precut.

Stitches Used: Blanket and Couching.

Submitted to Keepers of Athena's Thimble virtual panel on 7/24/21 for appliqué.  Level achieved: Competence


The owl came nicely centered and pinned.  Thank you!

I used a blanket stitch to attach the felt pieces to the background.

I was trying to decide on the eye color

Couching the cord on the edges of the felt.

Started to add beads and I didn't like it.

Plain old finished owl.  There's enough fabric to make it into a cute little bag.  

The back

A side view.

Pic from below.  It really doesn't have "height"

Measurements

Measurements


Comments