Viking Wire Weave Necklace

After the Viking Wire Weaving Basics class at Pennsic, we dropped by Wire You Waiting to purchase endcaps and got talking about weaves with the owners Ross and his SO.  Ross showed us a completed double weave and a triple weave in progress.  So I had to jump on trying a double weave.  This takes a LOT more wire and I ran out of the "generic" wire given to me with my kit and couldn't match it with anything I own, so I had to stop around 11inches.  I took it down to the 1/4" hole on the draw plate before I broke the "leads" I was using to pull.  That got me to about 18.5" in length.  This is really much shorter than I was hoping for, so I may have a few bracelets or maybe just put a pendant on it to wear with brooches.

Wire You Waiting shows us some double and triple weaving

The start of my double weave on the octopus from Pennsic

Getting farther down with the weaving

My double weave next to my single weave bracelet from Pennsic.

The finished weaving piece.  I have to decide what is going on it permanently before I put the endcaps on.  It's short but looks fabulous with my pendant from Alex the Scribe





Comments